Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a customized web browser that increases the security of the testing environment in Desire2Learn.
When students use the LockDown Browser to access a quiz, they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, access other applications, or close a quiz until it is submitted for grading.
There are two ways to create a quiz that will require the students to take the quiz in the LockDown Browser.
- Create the quiz in D2L and enable the Respondus functionality that requires a student to take the quiz in the Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- The second way is to create the quiz using the Respondus software and export the quiz into D2L.
Method 1 - Create the quiz in D2L and enable the Respondus functionality.
Using a standard web browser, log into Desire2Learn as an instructor.
Identify the quiz and select the link to edit the settings. Select the “Restrictions” tab.
Under the “Security Options” section select the checkbox that requires the Respondus LockDown Browser for the quiz
An installation link will be provided for the student when trying to access the quiz.
Method 2 - Create the quiz using the Respondus software and then import it into D2L.
- Contact email@example.com to receive your password and installation instructions.
- Download Respondus from http://www.respondus4.com/downloads/
- View a 5 minute clip here on how to create a quiz in Respondus and export it into D2L.